02 February 2011

Countdown to the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/women-at-war/?ref=opinion

Despite, or maybe because of, what I wrote below in the Birthday Bio for Lavinia Murdoch (Bruce) Cresap, I've avoided Civil War histories. I become melancholy just thinking of it.

One week from today will mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Confederate States of America one hundred and fifty years ago.  Perhaps it's time to begin to learn more.  This article is a nice start. Women and literature -- one window in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Comments section. However I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain outstandingly dumb.