01 November 2009

Monday Map

After just saying I don't go across the pond, I must amend.  I do go across the sea to Haiti, formerly known as Saint Domingue.  We have creole kin from there, and other kin I'm seeking who I suspect to be creole.  One branch is on my mother's Cresap side, the other on my father's Gilbert side.  Have I told you how much I love being a mutt?  Well, I do!

This map from the Library of Congress online collection shows our LaClote and Cassou plantations right next door to each other. The map is titled

Plan du canton de Plimouth et partie des Baradéres. Par Fregnel

Though I found these families in New Orleans, this map shows where they lived before that.  Long live creoles!  Thank you Maurice in St. Louis for finding this and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Comments section. However I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain outstandingly dumb.